With the January transfer window open, Arsenal and Chelsea are cashing in quickly. The Gunners are still stuck in talks with Mihailo Mudrik and have a second improved bid as talks continue with Shakhtar Donetsk. Arsenal, who are also linked to Joao Felix, are reluctant to comply with Atletico Madrid’s demands, along with the Blues and Manchester United.
Chelsea are close to signing Enzo Fernandes to Benfica in a stunning club-record deal, the most expensive acquisition in Premier League history for the Argentine midfielder who won the World Cup at just 21 years of age. Badiasil and Brazilian wonderkid Andrei Santos.
Tottenham continue to be linked with many names after Antonio Conte issued a new warning in January, including Denzel Dumfries, Stephan de Vrij, Pedro Polo and Sofiane Amrabat. has emerged as a strong contender for Marcus Thuram. Follow all the latest transfer news, rumors and gossip LIVE below!
cedric exit stall
Standard Sport understands that wage demands are holding back Cedric Soares’ move from Arsenal to Fulham.
The Gunners have given the go-ahead for the January transfer of the full-back, who has played little this season.
However, the deal stalled at Cedric’s £65,000 wage claim.
Read the full story by Nizaar Kinsella!
Benfica fines Enzo Fernandes
Enzo Fernandes did not show up for Benfica’s training yesterday, despite talks continuing over a move to Chelsea.
The Portuguese Outlet Records says the Argentinian’s actions angered manager Roger Schmidt, with Fernandez’s way of doing things going well.
In addition to a portion of Fernandes’ wages for misdemeanors, Benfica would be worth over £112m if they go ahead with his sale to Chelsea.
Arsenal submit bid for new Madrid
Standard Sport understands that Arsenal are in ongoing talks with Shakhtar Donetsk over the signing of Mihailo Mudrik.
Only the Gunners are in talks to sign the 21-year-old winger despite rumors that Chelsea are interested.
Donetsk are keen for £85m but Arsenal are confident of beating it with a deal based on add-ons and installments.
Read Simon Collings’ full story here!
C Ronaldo has a Newcastle clause
Cristiano Ronaldo has inserted a clause into his contract with Al Nasr that allows him to play in the Champions League.
The 37-year-old is owned by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund, which means he will be allowed to join Newcastle on loan if the team qualifies for Europe’s top table.
Modern soccer, eh!
Spurs closing in on Polo
Tottenham are closing in on Pedro Polo for January’s first signing, according to the Daily Star.
Antonio Conte has requested another right wing-back and wants a Sporting defender in the position.
Polo have a £45m release clause and Spurs hope to agree a fee closer to £35m, slightly less than that figure.
Chelsea close on Enzo Fernandes
Chelsea are stuck in negotiations over the structure of a club-record deal to acquire Argentinian midfielder Enzo Fernandez from Benfica. Nizaar Kinsella writes:.
The 21-year-old has broadly agreed on personal terms with Chelsea and has failed to even attend Benfica training to force a move to Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea want to pay Fernandes’ transfer fee in installments to comply with UEFA Financial Fair Play rules.
After spending £273m in the summer, Chelsea are one of four Premier League clubs on the UEFA financial watch list.
Please check this out for details.
Can Manchester United bring back Amado Diallo?
One of United’s options this month is to recall Amado Diallo from his loan spell at Sunderland.
The Ivory Coast winger has shined in the championship so far this season, scoring six goals in 20 appearances, including a powerful shot in Thursday’s 4-1 loss to Wigan.
Eric Ten Hag insists all options will be considered in January, but is reluctant to block Diallo’s impressive progress.
“We take everything into consideration. We don’t want to stop the process, so we’re holding back a bit,” Ten Hag said.
“When we decide[he]will come back, he has to be a player who can compete for the starting 11 or at least play a lot of games to make an impact.
Ten Hag update on Man United’s striker search
Eric ten Hag has reiterated that Manchester United will need to find a new forward in January, but the club will not ‘burn money’ looking for old signings to fill the void claims.
The Dutch are keen on finding the right fit and don’t want to splash cash for it.
“We need a player with influence or we’re just wasting money,” Ten Hag said ahead of Tuesday night’s match against Bournemouth at Old Trafford. is of no avail,” he said.
“We have a good team when everything is available. We have Anthony Martial (No. 9). I am really happy with his performance in many games.
“He had a really good impact. When you look at his minutes and the impact he had, it’s huge.”
Manchester United are favorites for Marcus Thuram
Manchester United are said to be the frontrunners to sign Marcus Thuram.
The French international has caught the attention of many top clubs across Europe after an impressive World Cup run.
According to Italian outlet La Repubblica, Inter Milan have offered a price for Thuram’s transfer that could open the door to United, who are looking for a long-term successor to Cristiano Ronaldo.