Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.
The new year may seem like January is off to a slow start after a December full of Christmas activities.
But winter didn’t stop everything.
One of the highlights of the month is that Mickey’s Magical Wonderland Dinner won’t arrive until January 28th, when it’s scheduled at Hamilton’s Catering at 110 N. East St.
Children can visit with Disney characters, play games, and receive autographed books and Mickey ears.
Dinner is from 6-8pm. The cost is $20 per person for him. Reservations are available by contacting Aleece Ford at 217-370-7015.
Other January events include:
• “Barns and Backroads: Photography by J. Cook” Exhibition Opening Reception — 6-8 pm, David Strawn Art Gallery at the Art Association of Jacksonville, 331 W. College Ave. For more information, please call 217-243-9390.
• Concert of wild columbine — 4 p.m. at the Jacksonville Public Library as part of the library’s Music Under the Dome series. free.
• kids art spot — 5:30-6:30 PM, David Strawn Art Gallery, Art Association of Jacksonville, 331 W. College Ave. Watercolors by Dru Fernandes. For more information, please contact Jessica Richardson at 217-370-0327.
• Jacksonville Public Library Teen Advisory Board Meeting — In the Library from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m., 201 W. College Ave.
• West Central World Affairs Council — 6:45-8:15 pm South Jacksonville Elementary School, 1700 S. West St. Braxton Stewart, after two years there as a public health coordinator and English teacher, discusses “The Republic of Guinea Through the Perspectives of the Peace Corps.” I will give a lecture. . Free admission.
• Illinois College Fine Arts Series: Istanbulpitta — 7:30 pm at the Rammelkamp Chapel on campus. Houston-based early music ensemble Istanpitta will perform “Chevrefoil.” Based on the medieval French poetry of Marie de France, the program brings the story of Tristan and Isolde to life using medieval songs and instrumental music featuring voices, harps, lutes and viels. increase. Tickets, $15 for adults, free for students of all ages, are available by contacting Jennifer Phebus at 217-245-3192 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Mickey’s Magical Wonderland Dinner — Mickey and other Disney characters for photos and games at Hamilton’s Catering, 110 N. East St. from 6-8pm. Children will receive an autographed book and Mickey ears. Tickets are $20. For more information, contact Aleece Ford at 217-370-7015.
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.