Last month, TV host Jeremy Clarkson published a shocking cursory opinion piece about Meghan Markle in a British newspaper. Sun.
To the shock of the Duchess’ fans, and quite a few of her critics, Clarkson called on Meghan to strip naked and parade through the streets of London.
It wasn’t the first time the 62-year-old confessed to having violent fantasies about Meghan.
But it’s the first time he’s been forced to apologize.
It may have taken weeks, but on Monday, Clarkson took to social media to reluctantly accept partial responsibility for his words.
“One of the strange things I’ve noticed lately is that whenever an MP or public figure is asked to apologize for something, no matter how sincere or profound the apology may be, , is that it’s never enough for the people who called in. For it in the first place,” he wrote.
“So I’m going to buck the trend this morning by apologizing for what I said in a recent Sun column about Meghan Markle,” Clarkson continued.
“I’m so sorry. All the way from the balls of my feet to the hair follicles of my head. This is where I raise my hand. It’s a meekalpa with a bell.”
Clarkson went on to justify his bizarre op-ed, explaining that the work was written in haste and that his colleagues had not had time to run it through before submitting it.
“Usually I read what I’ve written to others before I submit, but that fateful day I was home alone in a hurry. continued.
“And when the column appeared the next day, the mine exploded.”
From there, Clarkson claimed to have personally apologized to Harry and Meghan over Christmas.
“So I wrote to everyone I work with to say how sorry I am and sent an email to Harry and Meghan in California on Christmas morning to apologize.” he explained.
If you’re wondering why Clarkson is apologizing nowa month after the controversy, may have had to do with the fact that Amazon cut ties with the TV personality, ending two shows he hosts on Amazon Prime.
As for his claim that he reached out to both Harry and Meghan over Christmas, apparently it’s bogus.
In a statement issued to people The Sussexes claim Meghan has yet to receive an apology from Clarkson.
“On 25 December 2022, Mr Clarkson wrote only to Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex. The content of his correspondence was marked private and confidential,” a rep for the couple wrote. I’m here.
“While a new public apology was issued by Mr Clarkson today, what must be addressed is his long-standing pattern of writing articles promoting hateful rhetoric, dangerous conspiracy theories and misogyny,” the statement continued. rice field.
“Unless, as he puts it, his other works were also written ‘in a hurry’, it is clear that this is not an isolated incident shared in haste, but a series of articles shared in hatred. it is clear.”
Harry addressed the shocking brutality of Clarkson’s comments in a recent interview to promote his new memoir.
He said Clarkson had an audience that consisted primarily of young men, and that his words varied to incite young men to violence.
Apparently, though, Clarkson still doesn’t feel the Duchess deserves a personal apology.