- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s entertainment and amusement market to reach $117.07 million by turn of decade: Renub Research
- The United Arab Emirates government has announced plans to attract 40 million tourists annually to the country by 2040.
- With such growth prospects and increasing industry dynamism, the MENALAC Awards celebrate MENA’s leisure and entertainment excellence across 29 categories.
DUBAI: Against the backdrop of strong growth prospects for the region’s leisure and entertainment industry, the prestigious MENALAC Awards ceremony will return for the fifth time on 15 March 2023 at the Address Skyview Hotel in Downtown Dubai am. Like every year, the awards ceremony brings together leaders and innovators from the region’s leisure and entertainment industry.
As MENA’s governing body for the leisure, entertainment and amusement industry, the MENALAC Awards have come to be recognized as a platform built to celebrate excellence in the industry. Awards ceremonies highlight the achievements of participants and set new benchmarks for the industry, while constantly striving for excellence by implementing best practices, delivering innovative products and delighting visitors. I challenge you to try.
Over the past five years, the MENALAC Awards have become a gathering place for everyone from the world of leisure and entertainment in the MENA region.
Ghassan Assi, Chairman of the MENALAC AWARDS Committee and Chief Operating Officer of Trampo Extreme, said of the MENALAC Awards: From the world’s tallest to the fastest snow parks in the middle of the desert, to building world-class entertainment in futuristic cities, the MENA region has it all. Importantly, the industry has remained resilient through the difficult times of the past few years and is now on a clear growth trajectory with regional leisure spending hitting the $609 million mark this year. am. The MENALAC Awards Program also aims to recognize excellence in this highly dynamic, creative and competitive industry. Additionally, the awards ceremony has grown and evolved significantly since its inception, and the trophy is now highly regarded by the industry as a coveted keepsake. ”
From People, Processes and Products to Design, Innovation, Safety and Sustainability, the 2023 MENALAC Awards will celebrate excellence in 29 categories, including:
- Best theme park
- best water park
- Best FEC [Family Entertainment Centre]
- The most unique visitor attraction
- Best Edutainment / Playscape
- Best sports/adventure based entertainment
- Best New Leisure/Entertainment Concept
- best movie experience
- great day
- Best integrated leisure destination
- The most unique marketing campaign
- Best CSR Program
- Best Customer Loyalty Program
- Best Employee Engagement Initiative
- Application of the most innovative technology
- Best Design for Leisure & Entertainment Facilities
- Best New Products/Attractions/Installations for Amusement Parks and Visitor Attractions
- Best New Products/Attractions/Installations for Water Parks and Water Resorts
- Best New Product – Arcade, VR, Redemption & Novelty
- FECS Best New Products (Rides & Attractions)
- The newest unique concept attraction
- Supplier of the Year
- Best innovation in health and safety
- Highest Personal Safety Achievement
- Best Impact Sustainability Campaign of the Year
- Best Establishment Manager; less than 250000 visitors/transactions
- Best Establishment Manager; 250000+ Visitors/Transactions
- Leisure and Entertainment Personality of the Year
- Menarak Hall of Fame
Of these 16 award categories, only operators are eligible, six categories are for manufacturers and suppliers, and six categories are for both operators and manufacturers and suppliers.
Meanwhile, the Menarak Hall of Fame Awards category is not accepting nominations. A category created to honor leisure and entertainment industry leaders jointly selected by the MENALAC Board of Directors. In previous editions, the MENALAC Hall of Fame Award went to Al Hokair Group’s Abdulmohsen Al Hokair and others. Mohamed Salem, Al Otaim Leisure & Tourism Company. Late Majid Al Futtaim, Majid Al Futtaim Leisure, Entertainment, Cinema. and Prakash Vivekanand, Amusement Services International.
The MENALAC Awards are the industry’s most trusted leisure and entertainment awards and are proud of their unique position to be awarded by the industry. Once the nomination rounds for the awards have concluded, a distinguished panel of judges will judge and assign scores to the nominations against specific criteria in each category. An eminent judging panel is made up of local and global leisure industry luminaries with deep knowledge of the landscape.
Operator judges judge non-operator awards and non-operator judges judge operator awards. The Health and Safety Committee of MENALAC judges the Health and Safety Awards, and Sustainability Experts judge the Sustainability Awards.
Once the judging round is complete, independent auditor UHY JAMES will tally the scores to determine the winner. Finalists will be announced in the first week of March. Judges also regularly check that the award process follows established rules.
If anything, the increase in the number of award categories from 27 to 29 reflects the continued growth of the MENA region’s already world-class leisure attractions. As a result, MENA’s entire leisure and entertainment industry is able to attract top-notch global suppliers to serve the market.
Commenting on the state of the region’s leisure and entertainment industry and the MENALAC Awards, Consult Middle East Founder Cameron Mitchell said: Wild Wadi, Ski Dubai, Dubai Fountain and Sega Republic are just a few of the myriad examples that have helped establish the region as a global entertainment hotspot. More recently, The Museum of The Future, Ferrari World and Takenda & Brass Monkey have proudly innovated and evolved the region’s entertainment experience. Given the entertainment revolution exploding across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the region, it looks certain that the Middle East will set the same world-class standards for decades to come. We applaud industry leaders who have played a pivotal role in the development and reached new heights in either experience, innovation, CSR or health and safety. ”
Upasna Barua Kumar
Level 41, Emirates Towers, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates